Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Biden be another one term president?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #94 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
If Kamala was doing the 'cheerleading' job, the Dems would have even less success than they're currently having. She's unlikeable, uncharismatic and not very efficient at appearing genuine. It's probably a good thing politically that she's not doing the cheerleading. If the Dems have any sense at all, she won't be the successor.
^ HaHa! Fair enough. Perhaps she should've stuck to her old job as DA; it suited her character better, I think. In fact it probably formed her character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Damage control .. she obviously isn't that keen to tie her legacy to his despite being VP i wonder why ...
^Yes I wonder why she's not keen as well. There could be many reasons linked to her personality, that fact that she is being "kept out of the loop", etc. Being embarrassed about Biden's legacy is certainly one possible reason, but hardly the only one. And what exactly is there here to be ashamed of:-

Quote:
In 11 months Biden has done more with 50 senators than Obama with 57:-
Bills signed: $1.9 trillion covid relief + $1 trillion infrastructure
Executive orders: 75, "many of them advancing liberal immigration goals"
Judges confirmed: 40, more than anyone in their first year since Reagan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
We have two parties and according to you one of them is the savior of democracy and the other is a threat to democracy. That's not a real choice. That's the freedom to keep voting party line no matter what, keeping the same group perpetually in office, and when things don't work out just blame the common mouth breathers for not falling in line.
Not my fault that the US effectively only has 2 parties, and in fact I have asked before why there isn't a third party in US politics, as there is in many democratic countries.

Is the bit in bold really "according to me"? Isn't there sufficient evidence now that the GOP are:-
i) installing partisan officials in whatever electorial position they can
ii) repressing voting by reducing ballot boxes among other sim disincentives
iii) encouraging their supporters to intimidate electoral officials who don't follow the GOP party line
iii) not accepting the 2020 election result despite Bill Barr, 60 courts and (I think) the FBI saying there's no evidence of fraud.
iv) downplaying or covering up an attempted coup on and about Jan 6th
v) supporting the instigator of the coup, perhaps as candidate in the next Presidential election

Also not my fault if "Democracy or not?" is a pretty binary question. The Dems have done very few of the above, so yeah, I'd say they come across as the saviours of democracy, even if that democracy isn't "full" according to world rankings.