Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #184 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I wonder if it would work to threaten Manchin etc with primaries or even 3rd party runs if they don't fall in line like Big3 was saying. Like you could even just pick one bill that's a deal breaker and be like vote for this or we're going to help get you out.

Yeah you would be helping a republican win those seats if you followed through on the threat though tbh I'm honestly not sure to what extent that would weaken the Democrats when these people already vote like Republicans. But i don't follow them close enough to say. They might serve some function. The only time i ever hear their names is when they are standing in the Democrats way.
My guess is probably not. For one thing, I don't think Manchin responds very much to intimidation tactics. Two, I don't think he fears being primaried (and indeed he could very well lose: Bernie Sanders carried the state in the 2016 primaries).

Anyway, I don't think the Dems have enough guts to even suggest primaring Manchin. They're terrified of a Republican congress (which they're probably going to get in the House at least, anyway).
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote