Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #192 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Better how though?
If Manchin remains a Democrat, he adds a number to the majority, and therefore the Democrats get to control committees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post

You know you started this whole series of rants attacking Biden and the Democratic Party but then immediately pivoted to screeds against the voters. If the voters have been made apathetic and nihilistic about the idea that the government, that exists now purely to facilitate capitalism, will ever do anything to help them then perhaps that's not the fault of the voters, slack-jawed though they may be. Perhaps it's the fault of the institution you claim is "vs." them and has worked long and hard to make sure they are apathetic and nihilistic and have no hope.

The Institution has won, and you can't fight back at them with the atrophied methods of civic engagement they've left you with. That would be like using the cap gun your parents gave you for Christmas to rob them at gunpoint.
Yeah, NAFTA caused people to not trust vaccines.

I know asking you people to explain yourselves is a useless endeavor but if you don't mind explaining "secret fascist" or whatever you're calling me, it would help.

The comfort the Liberal Democracy provides gives way to Fascism. Because most basic needs are taken care of, and the tribalism needs to go somewhere. If Europe isn't going to let us World War our way out of this, the general "I don't read books" crowd is going to think we need a civil war because:
  • Transwomen are playing sports
  • Fauci is trying to microchip us
  • The Deep State stopped JFK Jr. from come back from the dead
  • 5G
  • Trump telling Candice Owens people going to the hospital aren't vaccinated

If I'm wrong about comfort leading to what we have here, I'm willing to listen. But I need to know how a bunch of people in the Rust Belt choose the party of Corporate Tax Breaks over...I don't know, any other candidate.