Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 12:52 PM   #4212 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ah yeah I get that, but look at how Omicron is sweeping across the world. I was genuinely scared going out for my one visit a week to do the shopping today, and I always have the mask on. It's not that I'm not fed up with it too; of course I am. But we don't have a choice. Bad comparison I know, but do you think the people in London got fed up of bombs falling on them in the Blitz? Yet they couldn't say "No, to hell with that I'm not going to the air-raid shelter. You won't trample on my freedumb. I choose to remain and not comply - what's that whistling sound....?"
The nice thing about the Blitz (other than dead English) was that it was one of the first times a city had ever been bombed so there were all these theories about how people were gonna lose their **** and society was gonna collapse in panic, but it turned out everyone was actually up for the challenge and mental health generally imprived because people who'd been a modern meaningless society all of a sudden had a purpose and something to unite them.

Whereas now it's just kinda wear a mask, don't go outside, and get a shot ... you know, if you want.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote