Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 05:23 AM   #80225 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I don't know which world you live in but support and understanding isn't enough to fix depression dude. It needs expert attention and normally, medication. Random people on the internet saying "hang in there" and posting cat pictures doesn't cut it.
Yes it does.

My point, which you completely missed, was that sure, therapy and (maybe) anti-depressants can be PART of a cure for depression, but you need human contact and understanding too. Karen takes anti-depressants, but her mood is much more lightened by my making her toys dance and sing showtunes for her, or attack me. It's a process with many moving parts, and no one thing will cure it, if it can be cured.

Also, you're mischaracterising what I said. It's not a general "hang in there", which isn't a whole lot of use either. I made it clear, and have done on many occasions, that Steph, or anyone who feels the need to, can contact me by PM and talk if need be. I've suffered bad depression myself, and the doctor I went to was actually very useless, completely against anti-d's (though at the time I had not eaten for three days at all and was feeling weak as the above), saying they would take weeks, even months to kick in. There's by no means any guarantee I could help, but sometimes talking does help, sharing your problems and knowing someone is there for you.

In my estimation, Steph knows full well that she feels she needs therapy (as evidenced by her next post: she's already getting it) and anti-d's which she's on. She surely does not need or want to be told what she already knows, and which is already in hand. Whether I was wrong or not, I believe she was reaching out for some human compassion, some understanding and support. Your response sounded like a doctor who throws pills at you and shouts "next" as if that solves the problem.

And Happy New Year to you.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-01-2022 at 05:28 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote