Music Banter - View Single Post - Excuse Me Rap Its Time For A Change
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Doc.DGAF
Uhh-I am Octiposter-huhuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
i must say i'm more disenchanted with hip-hop today than ever before. being from the south i am not impressed with what's considered hip-hop these days thanks to alot of the music heard on the radio today. news flash people, the down south movement has turned hip-hop into the new club music, it just replaced house music.

there was a burst of creativity when the dirty south got it's turn but it's just sound alike garbage these days. having been alot of places and lived in socal and virginia i am really aching for some other region to take hold. but that's really why hip-hop is so phony these days. how is it that one region is supposedly making the hot sounds and every one else gets ignored.
You were on track for the first half, then you lost your mind. Rap hasn't changed. You have to understand that that new club music you're referin' to is three separate genres of music that's just grouped in with rap. Being "snap music," "crunk music," and "hustler music." Each with it's own taste of "club hop" That you can pretty much break down into three basic elements. In "snap music" you have the repeating chorus, simple beats and hyped flows(i.e. Dem Franchise Boyz, Lean Wit' It). In "crunk music" there's more lyrics and a more complicated beat but that same constant hype(i.e. Bubba Sparxx ft. Ying Yang Twins, Ms. New Booty). Then in "huster music" there's less hype in the flow, a more complex beat and rhythmic, well structured beats(i.e. Rick Ross, Everyday I'm Hustlin').

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.-Friedrich Nietzsche

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure.-Lord Byron

Popularity's bad for you. I avoid it like the plague.-Brian Mulrooney
Doc.DGAF is offline   Reply With Quote