Music Banter - View Single Post - What sucks about this artist: Morrissey edition
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 05:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'm not emotionally invested in the popularity of The Smiths

it's just a fact that they remain incredibly relevant all across the world

nobody doubts a Smiths reunion would sell out arenas
Yeah but the thread isn't what sucks about The Smiths...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
This reads like ad copy. If The Smiths booked an arena in LA I suspect they would be sorely disappointed at the ticket sales.
Not if they booked as The Triumphant Return of JFK Jr, with special guest star Donald Trump! Tickets would sell out in seconds to the QAnon crowd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Ja COVID really hurt ticket sales for big events like that.
Without question, the single biggest and most important impact Coronavirus has had on the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
HaHa, that's true, although the "sucks" thread about Pink Floyd was about twice as long. Can we make the lazy inference, therefore, that P Floyd suck twice as much as EC ?

As for Morrissey, I don't think I've ever heard him, so from me, he gets a clear pass: doesn't suck at all.
Blessed are you then, my son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
how do you go your whole life without hearing The Smiths...well I guess you didn't now
Quite happily I would imagine. And again, thread is not about The Smiths but Morrissey himself. Personally, I can't get past his whiny, I'm-so-sad-everyone-is-against-me self-pitying college kid lyrics. But what sucks about him most is his quote that Hitler was left-wing. Jesus Christ on a jetski, completely out of control heading towards a cruise liner and unable to make course corrections in time, while a pod of dolphins close their eyes and wait!