Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 08:51 PM   #213 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Another Biden-Bashing non-story from the same Daily Mail newspaper who singled out Biden's name from hundreds of people who believed, before her prosecution, that Elizabeth Holmes was honest.

This time the story fails to point out that there are regular carve-outs to the filibuster for certain issues - most recently, as agreed by both Dems+GOP to prevent the US government defaulting on its debts, I believe. The article doesn't explain that since 2005 the GOP has completely morphed into an authoritarian party that votes in lockstep and thus has weaponised the filibuster in a way that was not imagined in 2005.

Just as the previous Daily Mail non-story could have had a headline, "Fraud scam scams people", this new non-story should have the headline, "Politician adjusts position due to changing circumstances".

Up-coming headlines from the Daily Mail:
"Despite claiming we must fight global warming, Joe Biden has been exhaling greenhouse gasses for years."
"Video from 1930 that shows Joe Biden used to believe in Santa Claus, despite telling voters yesterday that Santa Claus doesn't exist."

Is this really the intention of this thread? To post links to anyone and anything that criticises Biden, regardless of how petty it may be?
Once again, I'd like to suggest we remember the big story going on in the US right now: democracy is being dismantled by the GOP; Biden and his party are working to protect it.