Music Banter - View Single Post - The 'Urban Looks At The UK Top 10 Singles Chart' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Courtesy of the Gnarls Barkley website.

Danger Mouse, a/k/a Brian Burton, produced the infamous Grey Album, a full-length blend of the Beatles’ music and Jay-Z’s raps that became a cult classic after it was suppressed by EMI. He recently garnered a Grammy nomination for Producer of the Year for his work with the “virtual band” Gorillaz. Having recorded with enigmatic rapper MF DOOM.

Cee-Lo Green, a/k/a Thomas Calloway, is a Dungeon Family alumnus, once-and-future member of Goodie Mob and a wildly eclectic solo artist. His music is steeped in the gospel and blues traditions of the Southeast, merging timeless soul with experimental funk and hip hop. He confirms reports that his dramatic voice and soul-rummaging lyrics appear on portions of St. Elsewhere. “Yes, I believe that I sang on at least some of the Gnarls Barkley record,” he says. “But we are not the same person. I am Cee-Lo. I am a humble trumpet, and the wind of God blows through me.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote