Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm certainly happy with a two-week window. I just don't want everyone coming back and saying oh I hadn't time to listen to it. I also don't, if possible, want to have to keep reminding people of deadlines, as I almost always have to do.

No, SGR, you don't have to write desserts on any album. You can if you want (you're certainly a good enough writer to be able to) but it's no requirement by any means. A few lines, a few words, I loved it/I hated it/Who stole my booze/insert as appropriate are all fine BUT I would like to get some sort of general conversation going on each album, just a back-and-forth where we discuss it, rather than just your comments and move on to the next one. It should be a club not an assembly line.

So yeah, if everyone is ok with two weeks per album we can do that. Anyone wants to do it weekly I'm down. I really don't mind. But just make sure you don't bite off more than you can comfortably force down your oesophagus.

As for lo-fi albums, SGR, well, that's up to the members. But anyone who tries to nominate one will be shot, you have my word on that.

So, those of you who have expressed a firm desire to join (Marie? Any movement?*) can now, if you wish, nominate your first album. I should be first but I'm not all that bothered as everyone hates my music anyway, so I have no issue with being a non-contributor to the list, though I can if anyone wants me to. I'm more interested in getting this thing going and getting some conversations moving.

* Edit: Sorry Marie, just saw your post. I'll add you now.