Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 05:04 PM   #23400 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
The point that the US race discourse is noted for imposing rigid, reified, essentialist categories on the wider world - and that WG's statement is a prime example of just that - is not remotely controversial for anyone NOT swimming in the cesspit of activist talk regurgitated on podcasts and gaming streams by some of the least intelligent people in America.
Argumentum ad populism or appeal to authority depending on whomever you're appealing to. Maybe make an actual argument and you won't need to bloviate about how clearly correct you are for "reasons".

I mean you talk about essentialism and then show someone not essentialising race. Maybe explain why saying Jews are white people is essentialising? Saying that Jews are inherently greedy or black people are inherently criminal or Asians are inherently good at math is essentialising.

Quote:
Everything I say should be incoherent and weird to you. Had there been a frictionless understanding between us, notwithstanding differences in background and education levels, then... it would be an illusion promoted by me because I want to have sex with you. That would've been the only explanation.
Perhaps cohere an actual argument and there would be less friction. I mean do you go through academia vaguely gesturing at a point until someone assumes what you mean so that you can disagree with THEIR point?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote