Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: Genesis
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Queen Boo
From beyooond the graaave

Well I got into Genesis in the mid-00s when I started getting into prog rock as a whole, Prog Archives was like this magical gateway to a whole world of music I previously knew nothing about because it wasn't what was getting played on classic rock radio.

I got into prog Genesis first and I knew how much the prog community hated Genesis's later stuff but I gave it a chance anyway, I never understood the hate for 80s Genesis and now that I'm an unapologetic fan of overproduced 80s pop music as a whole I still don't, but I hadn't grown up with the band when they were current, I'm sure it hit different for people who grew up with them and saw them transform into a completely different band in real time.

As a newcomer I already knew there were two drastically different eras and that one was much more beloved by fans than another, I knew the 80s stuff was polarizing going in so I set my expectations accordingly, which I think allowed me to appreciate it for what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret

Last edited by Queen Boo; 02-02-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote