Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 02:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

The opening is bombastic but effective and well executed. The transition to a much more uptempo song is a bit too sudden (or is that just the youtube playlist?). The song is quite good, but a bit too typically goth post-punk for me. Song titles and lyrics seem a bit ridiculous but it's not a distraction. The album has a feel of mixing goth with prog and I'm not the greatest prog fan (and tbh goth is not one of my favourite punk genres), but it's not too bad. Like other people pointed out the guitar sounds nice, very lush. The opening of Submission really worked for me. The bass is kind of PiL-like, which is great. The chorus of Sumerland is beautiful, the kind of stuff I like best about got music. I really love the spooky floaty sounds in Wail Of Summer but the song itself doesn't do much for me. The album ends great though, more spooky sounds. Pretty solid album overall.
7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote