Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #76885 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Thanks for the compliment, ribbons I'm sorry if your son isn't happy at college, but with luck that will change, after all it takes a few months to settle in and make any proper friends in a college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I've been back in a classroom on the student side for the first time in 2 years as well!

Feels great!
^ Good for you, Elph! I wonder what you're studying - and also wonder how we'd be if you were in my class

I'm just teaching English Language to Spanish speakers, rubber soul; it's pretty easy because I don't need to master a whole bunch of esoteric facts. I just have to know the grammar of my own language, which of course we all have buried inside us from the age of about 11 onwards.
Yes, it's a very satisfying profession afaiac. A lot of human interaction, and as teacher you can physically move around in the room as much as you like, which I like. It can be a little stressful at times, but I find the time goes pretty quickly.
What kind of work you have done in your life, rs ?

Thanks for the kudos, Plankton, but it's not really deserved for what I do: I teach fairly small groups of well-disposed high-school and university students, so no serious discipline problems. No way I could survive in the school environment that Occult Hawk found himself in: large groups of disinterested/hostile students.