Music Banter - View Single Post - The Dad Advice Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
She came to me for advise about getting married. She just started a career and has never really been on her own and wanted to wait. She's not ready to settle down and start a family, so my advise was to tell her hubby-to-be everything and don't hold back. Be 100% open and honest about everything otherwise those little doubts turn into regrets and loathing. She followed my advise and he kicked her out.
WOW well I’d count that as a bullet dodged. There are likely many underlying reasons she was feeling reservations in the first place - and it seems that she proved herself right. If dude can’t handle THIS difficult conversation I sure as hell wouldn’t trust him to handle future difficult conversations, like about bringing life into the world and what not.

You’ve raised a smart girl - more people should *want* to experience independence before settling down. I feel for her heart, what a horrible thing to receive in response to exposing your vulnerabilities, but with time she’s going to find at some level she knew all along this wasn’t it - she’s not going to settle for bull**** and that’s a Dad Win in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote