Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 07:05 AM   #23945 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
People do get in trouble for torrenting in Canada/US. I was a very prolific piratebay user for years in Canada but nothing happened probably because I was downloading relatively esoteric or at least foreign stuff, not something Disney or whoever might have any stake in. But later when a neighbor in NYC showed me the letter he got for downloading a new season of Rick and Morty (first strike out of three), I got spooked and stopped.

VPN is too advanced for me, and since it isn't free, doesn't it defeat the purpose?

Couldn't say what's the difference between streaming and torrenting, I go to streaming sites mostly to watch soccer.
A vpn is maybe 50 euros per year I think, so the amount of stuff you can download with it is still very much worth it. Also, I'm no tech expert, it's just a program you download, install and run.

I stopped downloading music since most of the things I listen to is available on spotify but movies and TV shows I still torrent. But I live in the outback of the world so...not really concerned about legal action.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote