Music Banter - View Single Post - Search for a mysterious song (Youtube & Vacaroo links)
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperCrappyFuntime
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
The voice reminds me of Jonathan Richman a little bit - not the music. He did a song called "Popcorn" - not saying it's the song. I saw it on a song list but haven't heard it to compare - I couldn't find it YouTube.

I can't think who plays in the same style of the guitar player and drummer. I'm rather stumped what band could record a song like that. It's a really good though.
Thanks for responding. I'm thinking it's not Jonathan Richman. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with his music, but I see he was born in 1951, and when I saw the music video it looked contemporary to the time (mid- to late-00's) and the band was made up of young people. By that time, Richman would've been well into his 40s. Some on Reddit suggested that it might've been a local band that somehow managed to get it's video onto a professional cable station, which i why I posted to the subreddits for the cities closest to me (Chicago and Rockford), but got no help there.
SuperCrappyFuntime is offline   Reply With Quote