Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #2723 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

My brother had a psychotic episode for about 14 hours on Sunday. He's stable(ish) now and we're trying to get him to see his old doctor that he had during his last episode. We thought at first that it was manic bi-polar related but we're starting to think it was more of a separate mental breakdown psychosis that may actually be early onset paranoid schizophrenia. He had been told in the past that he may be susceptible to PS but only if he's under a lot of stress could it trigger a break. Well, it happened and I spent about six hours with him on Sunday doing a very particular word association game that he insisted would calm him down. Any deviation to his instructions got him very agitated and he would verbally lash out. It was exhausting.

He seems like he's about 85% back to normal. Little agitation here and there but nothing like Sunday. He was calling my mom "nurse" and if he saw us with our phone, he thought we were calling the cops and that he'd be sent to a psych ward. We really didn't want that but it got very close to happening.

We'll see how this week goes.

I love him so f*cking much. It kills me to see him like that. He was doing so well. No episodes for three years, stable job, his own health insurance. Hopefully he doesn't lose the job because of this. One day at a time I guess.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote