Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 06:30 AM   #2729 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I'm struggling with other people's mental states. I'm a manager and got some very serious complaints about one of our employees who has a history with being kinda weird. I got told he'd been acting very intense / aggressive with some of his colleagues, so I call him to my office.

So the reason this guy gets so intense is he's big into conspiracy theories and every other alternative belief. I kinda wanted to pick his brain a little to see what was in there, so we talked for more than two hours about how the earth is flat, it's actually underneath this dome with water above it, 9/11 was staged, women are evil and the dying rays of the sun form a triangle with the horizon with all 60 degrees angles. 60 + 60 + 60 = 666 so the sun makes a sign of the devil.

We're all being lied to by the elite. I asked why would they mobilize all these countless resources into fooling us and the simple answer is they're in league with Satan.

So I told the guy he needs to be a little more careful in his interactions with his coworkers. He agreed to that and seemed fine with it. But my biggest concern is actually for his health. I'm pretty sure he suffers from deep set paranoid schizofrenia. His hygiene is pretty bad, I think because he believes chemicals in soap are put there to somehow mess him up. He's also very thin and I asked him about how he eats. He says he eats several eggs every day, so that at least sounds good, although he can't be getting that many calories in him.

I told him I think he should see his doctor and get a checkup. It's obvious something's going on and a doctor would see that. However,
that's not going to happen because people from the medical profession are just part of or under the control of this evil elite. He won't willingly go to a doctor. He has no family to speak of, so no real support network outside of work. He's fairly old and so will go off with a pension soon. If he doesn't receive any help before that, I feel like he's just going to sit alone at home and delve deeper into paranoid rabbit holes.

My own feeling is that he should be comitted to an institution so they can figure out a medication/treatment scheme that will help him, but I'm pretty sure I can't make that call and there's no family to talk to. So how can I help this guy?