Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 09:10 AM   #2238 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Interesting pick, Lisna. I remember Thin White Rope for one amazing track off Moonhead. Love the vocals and guitar work, kind of a western feel to it. Not especially adventurous in terms of melody, but definitely an enjoyable listen just the same. 9/10
Thanks, rs. They are not a band I know anything about: they are on my "should explore sometime" list.
I recently saw SGR's proposed nickname for Queen Boo, which is the brilliant "Queebs". It made me think that "rs" is not a very satisfactory shortening of your username. How about "Rubs"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

This is a surprisingly smooth selection from Frownland, although I didn't like it that much. A beautiful voice, some unexpected twists and turns, but I couldn't shrug off the feeling that it had all been put together with clichés from various genres. Most glaring to me was a kind of tinkling sound that they used to use in old movies (or Star Trek) to signify that some magical possession, or waking up from a dream world, was in progress. 6/10