Music Banter - View Single Post - About writing!
Thread: About writing!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
Doc.DGAF
Uhh-I am Octiposter-huhuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesofganymede
I was just wondering what people's personal thoughts on lyric writing were (why you do it? personal aims in writing a song? way you go about it? personal inspirations?), and what kind of music you tend to like or emulate. Just thought it might be an interesting point of discussion, because I imagine it would be wildly varried across writers.
Well alright...
I write because it's the only talent I've really got...that and business(I'm a salesman/spokesman). Every now and then something will hit close to the heart and I take it for inspiration and write on it. I don't worry about what people will think of my music/lyrics, there's over 6 billion people right here in the U.S. so I'm sure a few of them will feel it. I usually start from the hook and work my way out. I'll rewrite the same verse 20 times if I have to to make it sound good to me. I don't stick to one genre either, I'll write a song however I want to hear it, mix and match if I have to. but as far as emulating somebody, there's a top five musicians that inspire me in music: Busta Rhymes, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Cornell, ZZ Top, and Eazy E. in no particular order.

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.-Friedrich Nietzsche

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure.-Lord Byron

Popularity's bad for you. I avoid it like the plague.-Brian Mulrooney
Doc.DGAF is offline   Reply With Quote