Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 08:07 AM   #10733 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

A week behind, I'm afraid:

1. What is the biggest adventure you have ever been on?

Two that I'm proud of: (i) six months out of high school, me and a buddy drifted around Morocco for three months. That was my first time abroad and made a big impression on me. (ii) fed up with the English winter, me and different buddy took an ad-hoc southbound road trip and ended up in Greece, where we both got jobs picking oranges for a while.

2. What religion were you brought up as, and do you still adhere to it?

Catholic, then agnostic, now atheist.

3. What’s the craziest thing you ever did with your hair?

Grew it like Batlord's: to the shoulders and beyond!

4. If you had the chance, whose life would you like to live for a week (can be someone alive or dead, famous or not, either gender)?

Taking the opportunity to see the world from a completely different perspective, being Cleopatra for a week would be interesting (though preferably not the week she got bit by an asp.)

5. What hope do you see for the future?

To see any hope, you have to squint through the aperture labelled "Fix Global Warming"

6. What is the most boring book you ever read, or tried to read?

Plenty of boring books out there, but one that was particularly disappointing for me was "Ten Days That Shook The World" by John Reed. I managed to finish it and learned how quickly the glamour of righteous revolution turned into endless dreary meetings: "Lenin received a delegation from the Siberian Postal Workers Union, ratifying a statement of solidarity, which had been unanomously agreed by a sub-committee of representatives drawn from the ten autonomous regional directorates, etc etc"