Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 08:14 AM   #12881 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post

Elden Ring

Typically when I hear of a Souls like coming out, I'm not super excited due to not being too great at these games. However, I felt like jumping into Elden Ring just to see what it's like, and I'm already about 25 hours in. This game is fantastic. It's definitely a Souls like when it comes to combat and bosses, but also takes a lot of inspiration from Breath of the Wild in the sense that the world is massive, and filled to the brim with interesting things to find at every corner. Maybe if you go this way, you'll run into a giant beast that's too high level to kill, or you just feel like riding your horse across the plains just to see what lies beyond the hills while collecting materials to craft items to use on said high level beast. There's so much more freedom than I expected and that's a good thing. The game doesn't force you to do anything, just grind on the same enemies over and over to level up or do whatever you want the way you want and just run around collecting stuff, or take on dungeon bosses if you'd like. It's your call. Never once have I felt like the game was forcing me to go somewhere.

It is truly the best game to come out this year so far.
Looks like a sweet game, but I can't justify buying it until I make it through the Demon's Souls remake
SGR is online now   Reply With Quote