Music Banter - View Single Post - I know what I like: Trollheart's History of Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 09:31 PM   #269 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Looking through your reviews it seems like you really don't care for psychedelic or experimental rock, which sucks for you considering how often prog overlaps with both.

On the other hand some of your takes surprised me, I was not expecting you to like Yeti as much as you did.
I would say that in general, I like my music to be, to use perhaps a catch-all word, palatable. I like to enjoy what I'm listening to. People may love - and I'm sure they do - listening to Zappa growling out his grocery list or Beefheart banging dustbin lids together for a half hour, and more power to them. I don't. It's not that I don't feel that sort of music has no merit. I know it does, it just isn't for me.

Psychedelic I can take or leave. I mean, Hawkwind is pretty psych isn't it? But yeah, undertaking to write the history of prog rock does of course mean I'll be coming up against a lot of music I don't like. You've seen my review of Magma's first album, I presume?