Music Banter - View Single Post - Send it! The Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 08:57 AM   #495 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Last night was the... well, last night of putting leagues out at BIBCO. I had been solid all night and needed one last putt to win the Hot Putter prize for the evening after making every single putt up to that point. I lined it up as the crowd behind me went silent knowing this would be it. I threw. It felt like slow motion as my disc sailed through the evening air, thick with anticipation and stale beer. It was headed right for the basket, tracking like an archers arrow, then the realization hit me. It was too high and so was I. It doinked off of the top band and skidded across the floor. Oh well. We won the round and I had a blast. So dam close though.

Spoiler for graphic for dramatic effect:

It's gonna be a hell of a tournament season. My first tournament of many this year is this weekend, and it's a 2 day event. I have early morning tee times, so after my round on Saturday I'll be heading over to the new pro level course to help out a bit, then I'll whisk away to BIBCO for the Putting Leagues wrap-up party. I'm already getting inundated with artwork requests too. The Hyde Park TD was there last night and had my ear pretty much the entire evening talking about how my logo will be presented to some very influential people. Exciting stuff. The Basket Cases head honcho already has me creating stuff for his new home course too, and I've already completed a Players Guide for a tournament to benefit the Will County Humane Society.

I do like to keep busy.