Music Banter - View Single Post - Keyboard recording trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
kc9
Groupie

Default Keyboard recording trouble

Hey hows it going, I’ve looked everywhere to find a thread with my issue and can’t find one so I figured I’d just ask here :-) My setup is a Roland Juno DS61, a Focusrite Clarett 2pre thunderbolt, and a Mac with Logic Pro X. The Juno is connected with basic L&R 1/4 cables & the other 1/4 inch end is in the Input 1 of the Focusrite. The Focusrite is connected to the Macbook with a thunderbolt cable. The issue is audio signal. It’s absolutely terrible and unusable. It sounds extremely weak, distant, and for some reason reverberated. If I monitor through the Focusrite I only get left audio. If I monitor through my Mac I get L&R but either way the quality is awful. For troubleshooting I’ve tried using different cables, messing with audio preferences in Logic, and the Focusrite control menu on the mac, which pretty much only has a couple settings anyway. I even downloaded audacity just for the heck of it to see it it’s a Logic issue, but it does the same thing. I think it’s either a busted AI or my connections are wrong? Maybe I’m just missing something simple considering this is such a basic setup to record, I don’t see many ways you could screw it up. Any advice appreciated!!
kc9 is offline   Reply With Quote