Music Banter - View Single Post - Audio equip: What are your favourite scams?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Who am I to tell other people that what they are hearing doesn't sound superior to them.
I think that's a pretty weak attitude towards misinformation. Who am I to tell someone with cancer that colloidal silver is a scam that won't kill their tumors and instead poisons them?

IMO marketing and selling lies is harmful, to wallets or otherwise, and fighting those lies can help people.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
From 2013 - Furutech Powerflux: The Most Expensive Power Cable Ever

Powerflux conductors are 68-strand a (Alpha) OCC twisted around µ–conductor strands with a special-grade PE insulation or dielectric. (Alpha conductors are fine OCC wire treated with Furutech’s Alpha Cryogenic and Demagnetizing process.) The dielectric is surrounded by an inner sheath of RoHS-compliant PVC incorporating carbon powder that enhances damping, and that in turn is covered by a full a (Alpha) conductor wire braid shield. Another flexible PVC outer sheath and a Nylon braid jacket finish the job.

Price: $1800 in 2013.

Let me clarify... this cable has nothing to do with delivering your pro audio signal, or your video signal... this is the short black cord that plugs your unit into the motherf***ing wall. $1800.

Nice! That's the worst thing I've seen in terms of audio equip. Holy crap