Music Banter - View Single Post - Keyboard recording trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc9 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I know it’d make sense to have an actual line input, but I looked at the Focusrite menu again and I do have it set to line, and the manual also says 1/4 line level instruments should work. I’m wondering if my cables are wrong. I’m almost sure the Juno is unbalanced and the Focusrite is balanced. I’m using a dual TS to single TRS cable so I feel like that should be right. I may need to try with a different interface to see if mine just isn’t working right. And yeah I was thinkin the midi option too but I really wanted some sounds from the Juno
Your cabling sounds wrong to me. You don't send a stereo signal from your instrument into your interface like that. Those inputs are meant for mono sources.

Instead, use two unbalanced jack cables. Connect Juno's left output 1 into interface's input 1 and the right into input 2. In a mixer or DAW, pan input 1 hard left (100%) and then hard right with input 2.

Alternatively, go mono and just use left channel in input 1 (and don't pan). Stereo effects won't work well, but that might not be too much of a loss.

If you wanna hear the Juno from the computer's speakers, find out how to get monitoring from those input channels. You can typically do it in your DAW, but a better way is probably through your driver/interface software. Look for direct monitoring or something.