Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 01:12 PM   #4289 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm confused here. Are you saying that people washing their hands did not help to contain the spread of the virus? Cos it did. Studies show that the virus was removed from people with hand washing, and they were less liable to pass it on. Your contention as to "the damage was done" is odd to me. The real damage was done when the president at the time decided Covid was nothing to worry about, refused to wear a mask or encourage or even mandate social distance, and fed into a ridiculous string of conspiracy theories that included everything from Covid is fake to Covid is a Jewish plot. How you can blame someone who "harangued people into washing their hands" is beyond me. I truly don't understand what you're getting at. Are you saying people should not have been told to wash their hands??

Also, I understand Fetcher's confusion and it is unfair to call her selfish, as she is certainly not that sort of person. I personally continue to wear a mask as I said due to my worry of bringing the virus home to Karen, who is, like me, triple vaxxed (though I hear now there is a fourth shot possibly available?) but our govt have categorically declared there will be no return to mandates, despite the fact that cases are climbing again. That's the kind of selfishness we're dealing with: politicians who are ****-scared to go back to how it was because they'll lose votes and people will think they're mean. We've had enough of you now, Covid. Go away. Doesn't work like that.