Music Banter - View Single Post - 'Gangsta' talk vs Reality
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
FoolishAhlyna
Account Disabled

Default 'Gangsta' talk vs Reality

I don't want to get into which rappers are really gangsters, I don't really care. But there is an attitude among gang bangers and rappers that I find extremely ironic. That is, they act like they're tough guys who gonna shoot everyone but they're TERRIFIED of the police. They know SWAT will SMOKE them. They might shoot at each other outside of the night club but 99% of the time they run or beg for clemency from the police, prison staff, etc. Which gives the lie to the projection they give that they're so independent and rich, because rap money is a JOKE compared to corporate money. Just as the Police Gang can roll on the Crips pretty much whenever they feel like it, the lifetime earnings of every rapper ever combined is like a year's write off waste for Bechtel and Northrop-Grummond. The fact that drugs are illegal and they have to be sneaky basically shows that for all their assertion of independent and success they're actually only able to make money because of a bunch of institutions run by white people and Jews. If it wasn't for the drug war the police run drugs wouldn't even be profitable because pharmaceutical companies are the real drug dealers, not thugs on the corner. And I'm not trying to make this a racial thing I'm saying that plenty of these rappers and gang bangers do make a point of calling attention to their race but conveniently ignore how their income is entirely dependent on the good will of white people who employ them and write their contracts. Master P might be an exception to this situation, I'm not trying to say every rapper or gangster has this mentality, but a lot of the bravado of rap music is shown as false by simply looking at who puts them in a cage whenever they want and who makes sure they get royalty checks.
FoolishAhlyna is offline   Reply With Quote