Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 05:40 PM   #2754 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I told Ryan today that he's not welcome at the shop right now since he's causing my parents so much mental/verbal abuse. He's treating them like absolute garbage, calling them garbage and useless, and I'm tired of it. I'm so stressed out I started smoking again. I told him until he's better, he's got to leave me alone at the store. Maybe that will make him think a little bit. Tough love. He always told me that what I need to do when he's manic. He was pretty upset/angry with what I told him. I don't care. You don't get a free pass to call my parents garbage when you're mentally ill.

Not sure when this nightmare is going to end.
Exo my love I am so sorry about this. You have done the right thing! Being manic does not mean you get a free pass from what you say and do to others. Sadly this is very common for people with bipolar (don't shoot me though, I am not saying I am an expert).

If you would like to chat I will happily do so. Even I can just listen.

I also picked up a packet of cigarettes last week as I am experiencing severe anxiety. I didn't go hard on myself for doing so and I did notice my stress levels went down.