Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 07:07 PM   #80722 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
This is a school for “troubled” boys not altar boys

Congrats WWWP! Love that it's to help boys with a hard start in life.

TL;DR I went unconscious at work, was saved by colleagues, went to hospital to recover from a uti and dehydration. I'm good now but feel terrible for the staff involved/witnessing it.

I went to work on Friday and had an infection. I was not feeling quite there and was in a lot of pain. I was told by my senior in charge to leave the front service desk. I was sitting at my desk and no one was there due to two staff collecting books from a book drop in our carpark.

I collapsed and fell unconscious and was discovered by the staff returning from the book drop. I was told that they couldn't wake me and called our emergency line and they saw my breathing was shallow and my colleague was told to roll me on my back and perform CPR.

They then rolled me back into recovery position and again they couldn't see me breathing or feel my pulse so CPR was done again. I woke up screaming from the weight of CPR (luckily didn't break my sternum and the ambulance staff arrived.

They got me sitting (I was still dissociating and took me to hospital. I was alert enough to give my personal info and was far more alert when we arrived. I had very serious pelvic pain which the ED doctor thought was my Endometriosis pain.

I eventually got moved to the Gynecology ward and stayed overnight with antibiotics IV and regular morphine by IV then orally. The next day the doctor came and didn't think it was from Endo but a urinal tract infection (even though both urine tests didn't find it).

I got asked if I wanted to go home to be in the comfort of my own bed and they gave me morphine to assist my recovery. One of my close friends was visiting me at the time took me to get my prescriptions and then drop me home and asked that I call my best friend Roger to stay overnight to ensure I wouldn't have anymore serious issues.

Long story short I am feeling a lot better but feel bad for my colleagues who witnessed me in a serious situation and receiving CPR. The big boss of my manager came in to see how they were and it was decided to shut the library that day and Saturday. I am going to buy a vegan cheese cake to thank them for their support tomorrow.