Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 05:59 AM   #221 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Bruce Haack was an innovator of electronic music in many ways. Much, if not most, of his career was centered more around making music for children but he also liked to dabble in experimental music such as the Electric Lucifer. Released in 1970, it was years ahead of its time as it used a vocoder that he called “Farad” to emulate the vocals on several of the tracks, notably on the opening track, Electric Turn Me On. Electric Turn Me On is the best song on the album and sets the pace for what proves to be a great musical adventure in my opinion. Haack uses several vocalists over the course of the album and all of them do justice to Haack’s music. It wouldn’t surprise me if this album didn’t have an influence over more successful artists such as Eno. It certainly had to be influence over the auto-tune that is frequently used on modern R&B and rap. Anyway, as a casual fan of electronic music and a true fan of psychedelic music, this has to rate as a favorite of mine. I’m really glad you liked the album, Marie and Lisna, and thanks to the others that listened as well.

8/10 (The Word has spoken )
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote