Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 10:17 AM   #222 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

All right, I've listened to this three times now and I always have the same reaction.

1 - 3: Not as bad as I had thought it might be; could do without the spoken word bit but it is only thirty seconds so..

4 - 8: Getting annoyed with the overt sixties tone now and don't like his voice. Also, wtf is this ****? Oh, and I really bloody hate children's voices. What? On record? Oh. Oh yeah. Right, right. That too. That Jew's harp is really annoying.

9 : Well maybe not too bad; perhaps I was a little hasty? That melody in "Angel Child" is ripped off from somewhere - just can't place it. Better though.

10 - 11 : Oh god no I wasn't: this is driving me mad now. Damn he loves that he's the first to figure out that DEVIL is LIVED backwards, isn't he? Oh and I absolutely ****ING HATE "Song of the Death Machine", which again has a stolen melody.

12: Hey maybe it will make a late attempt to finish well? This isn't bad.

13 : Okay this is pretty coo - what? WHAT! ****ing "The First Noel"?? Is this guy serious? Get me out of here.

So no, it's not for me. I can appreciate the innovation and the work put in here, especially for the time, but though I was born in 1963 I'm a child of the seventies. I wasn't in any sort of a position to appreciate music at all before the 1970s began, and for me this and the 1980s is the best decade for music. A little like Tom Waits claimed, I slept through the sixties, and have no interest in going back to hear what was playing then. Anything I have heard, mostly, I have disliked. The seventies, I can appreciate anything from disco and soul to pop and hard rock, heavy metal and of course prog, but the sixties? No thanks.

Sorry but I gave it a decent shot. Can only muster a 6/10 for this. BLNT. Shrug.