Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 08:49 AM   #10994 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Props to those who don't see the need for alcohol or drugs. Your health is certainly better off without them.

To each their own, but nothing helps me unwind more on the weekend than booze and a smoke. For a few brief moments, the majority of my worries get put on the backburner. There are some people who become more fun when they've been drinking because they lose their inhibitions - for introverted people, they usually become more talkative and extroverted - a person who normally will be brief with you in conversation may spring you with a question about Plato's description of Atlantis after a few drinks - but of course, there's always the people with repressed rage that will become violent and unwieldy after a few drinks. You don't want to invite those ones to parties. There's also the people who are holding their emotional state together with gum and shoestrings who will be bawling to you about god knows what after a few drinks (I've met a fair few women like this - but also a couple dudes) - these people are no fun either. It's certainly not a universal that people become "more fun" after drinking. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I can hold my liquor extremely well - and the last thing I want to deal with when I'm drinking and having fun is someone's emotional breakdown or violent outbursts. **** that noise.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote