Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 05:15 AM   #11040 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Bro you can do all that while drunk. Listening to music drunk is great. Writing while drunk is great. Some of my favorite creative writing was when I was blotto. I might have had to clean it up the morning after but I wouldn't have gone to such places sober.
Yes, operative word is "can". I don't have to. I have a choice, and if I make the choice not to drink, that should not be mocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You know, if someone can survive and make a good life for themselves while drinking, maybe you should be looking at yourself.
I don't understand this. I'm not saying anyone who drinks can't have a good life, just as I'm saying anyone who doesn't drink can't have a good life. I'm saying it's possible to do both. So why should I be looking at myself??
Quote:

Props for getting Batlord to approach compatabilism though.
I have no idea what this means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Omg you bunch of children. It's true that people who don't drink get judged for it in an unfair way, so back off on that side, but if you're gonna be self-righteous about not drinking you're not helping yourself or anyone else for that matter. That's just as childish. Rise above yourselves, people
Where am I being self-righteous about not drinking, Marie? All I'm asking for is equal treatment and consideration. I don't feel that's being self-righteous. If anything, those who think everyone should be drinking and mock those who don't are the ones being self-righteous.