Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #464 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Even if Rooney isn`t available for the world cup I don`t think it`s the end of the world.

Brazil are nowhere near the team they were with an aging defence who were never that great anyway , the most average midfeild they`ve probably ever had and Ronaldo a shadow of his former self.It`s only really Robinho & Ronaldinho that pose any threat. If Ecuador can beat them in qualifying I don`t see why England can`t.

Argentina we`ve beaten twice in the last 2 meetings & they only beat us on penalties the time before that, they`re beatable.

Germany are in crisis at the moment , they have home advantage but we beat them 5 : 1 in their own backyard , and that team was better than the one they have now.

France , forget it. They`re relying too much on players who are past it.Zidane has been awful for Madrid , they have Henry but take him out & there`s nothing much there.

Italy could be a threat but they have Totti & possibly Vieri out already I think England could take them.

I`d say the biggest threat to England would be Holland , Portugal & Spain and all those teams bottle it at major tournaments.

I`m not saying England will win it but even without Rooney we still have a good chance.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote