Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #11104 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. When you’re thirsty at home, what’s your first choice? Water? Juice? Soda? Tea? Coffee? Other?

Water's handiest.

2. What’s your favourite episode of The Simpsons?

Either Cape Feare ("Muuuhhh! Rakes! My natural enemy!") or Lost Our Lisa ("I've never been a praying man, but if you're up there please save me, Superman!")

3. What would/do you want inscribed on your tombstone?

He did his best

4. If you could go forward or backwards in time, up to ten years, which would you choose?

Back, so I could not get caught in that damned cryptocurrency scam! Then I'd probably invest in masks or hand sanitiser, and coin it in when Covid hit.

5. What is the coolest car you’ve ever driven, whether you owned it or not?

I've never driven any car, cool or otherwise, in my life.

6. What’s your view on a person’s right to die?

Tricky. It couldn't just become a I'm-tired-of-life thing, easy way out as such, but if the quality of life has dipped below what you would expect and there's no hope, all forms and procedures are followed, and it's last resort and the person is prepared for it, mentally, or if not competent mentally has someone who has been given the power to act for them, then yes. Obviously, it's ridiculous and selfish to expect someone in such a situation to continue living (using the word in its loosest form) just because you don't want to see them die. If you're on life support or have been diagnosed with a terminal disease and want to check out, that should be your choice.

Having said that, it does worry me slightly as Karen once asked me to check online for how she could end her life. Not possible here, as it's totally illegal and there's no way I could get her out of the country, even if I agreed, but a scary thing to hear your sister say, and worse, to, in one way, understand and almost support the idea, were it possible. As I say, something of a minefield.