Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 07:45 PM   #2982 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
I've been freaking out a lot lately, and I've been embarrassing myself during said freak outs. I used to be better at handling stress and dealing with stuff, but one thing set me off, and today I just straight up said "Nobody gives a **** about me, I'm tired of feeling worthless, just ****ing get rid of me already" among other things at work. I'm really tired of not being a stable and successful person in life, and just feel like I'm trapped in a situation where I'm miserable, and make everyone around me miserable. I just snap, and before I know it I'm acting like crazy *******, it's painful and ****ing embarrassing. I don't tell people I have suicidal thoughts except for my family and therapist, and I had to call my mom and tell her I might have to check into a hospital because I really wanted to hurt myself earlier and she had to talk me down from doing anything stupid.
I'm very sorry you should feel like that Raime. As your crisis was at work, I hope this helps you a little:-
One thing I've noticed about many work cultures is this: that it's mainly in movies that the official attitude is warm and supportive. In most companies, if you do your work ok, you are disregarded: you're only visible when you make a mistake. By denying you any positive feedback, the bosses probably think that they can guilt you into working harder. Anyway, that's been my general conclusion, so if you're looking for validation at work, you may be looking in the wrong place.