Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:28 PM   #9652 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I get the vibe that some weeb ass leftist Ignatius stole TheBig3's girlfriend and he never quite got over it.
Do anime guys have girlfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Some people just like cartoons dude, chill the f*ck out.

Not all anime consists of lolis in Nazi outfits, I promise. The avatars of right wing Twitter trolls aren't telling the whole story here.

I mean yeah anime has it's share of morally reprehensible trash, no goddamn doubt about that, every medium does, and it's hardly the only medium that attracts a right wing fanbase, look at Gamergate and Comicsgate, it's definitely a growing problem in nerd culture.

But I assure you not all nerds are like this, I know plenty of gamers, weebs, comic book nerds, furries and miscellaneous weirdos who are extremely left wing.

Fascists try to attach themselves to different communities like parasites, especially ones that have some kind of stigma attached to them because it's easier to prey on vulnerable young people that way, in reality most people in these communities want nothing to do with them, they are a vocal minority, it just happens that vocal minorities thrive on the internet and if people blindly accept that a community "belongs" to them they win.
The ones I dealt with while modding a subreddit were all Jordan Peterson fanatics.