Music Banter - View Single Post - Manic Street Preachers
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 09:29 AM   #146 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I love this band, actually. I bought Know Your Enemy on a lark and fell in love with it. Particularly like their late 90's output as well as some millennium stuff like Send Away the Tigers. Not bad for an American, huh?
Not bad for an American.

As a teenager, I wasn't big on Know Your Enemy. Listening to bits and pieces, there's plenty of songs on it I like though. It's about time for a full revisit. I've been playing around with the idea of doing a discography review for them on here.

I actually have a weird story with Know Your Enemy. I got my widsom teeth taken out when I was in 10th or 11th grade. And I was doped up on oxycontin. Somehow, in this week or so long period, I managed to order Know Your Enemy online twice (I forgot that I already ordered it). I ended up giving the extra copy to my younger brother, who for whatever reason loves the album.

What do you like about Send Away the Tigers? They reissued it recently, and they removed 'Underdogs' from the reissue - with lyrics like this, it's no surprise as to why it hasn't grown fondly with them.

This one's for the freaks
People like you, need to ****
Need to **** people like me
For the lost and weak
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote