Music Banter - View Single Post - I freaking love vinyl
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleFarms View Post
I don’t know why but music always sounds better to me on records. Anyone feel the same way? What do you think is vinyl the best way to listen to an artist?
Questions such as this can’t be solved unless several factors are taken into account.

A: The condition of LP’s = worn, scratched or mangled by crappy styli.

B: LP's cleanliness.

C:Production values. From inferior digital masters. New or re-cycled vinyl etc.

E: Reproduction/turntable quality. Sadly to get the best out of vinyl a serious investment in the best (not just the most expensive) turntable is required. Happily there’s a new generation of budget turntables out there able to give a lot of what vinyl is capable of.
https://www.projectaudio.com.au/coll...ono-turntables

F: To really know what’s on an LP the very best reproduction chain is required.
Instance, very few audio systems plumb the lower registers vinyl is capable of reproducing.

The list could go on and on - - - -

Given I have something like 7,600 classical LP’s and an uncounted quantity of others I’ve made a significant investment in LP reproduction gear and a dedicated ultrasonic vinyl cleaning machine etc
I was very lucky inheriting the collection of a record reviewer who ran state of the art gear and more often than not played Lp’s only once. Problem was it took me years to sort through them and throw away the recordings/performances I didn’t like..
Below is approx a third of my classical LP collection.
Attached Thumbnails
I freaking love vinyl-img_20220531_103002064.jpg  

Last edited by Ayn Marx; 05-30-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote