Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #2556 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post
Yeah, like Tristan said we begin by voting off 4 albums each and the one(s) with the most votes gets eliminated. Then we repeat the process until just one album is left and is declared the winner of the round.
If you'd like to participate you should have at least a month to listen to the albums (see below)

No worries Yes, that deadline sounds good

I figure we'll still be voting in this thread, since making a new thread for each battle would probably bog down the forum too much. Alternately, I guess Tristan could create a new version of this thread if he wanted to be able to edit the OP to reflect the current battle. I'll leave that up to him tho

Before we get started for real I'd actually like to suggest an alteration to the list of albums. I noticed that the ELO album on the list isn't actually under the Symphonic Prog genre on RYM (neither as primary nor secondary genre). Having heard the album I'd have to agree. My suggestion for a replacement would be [I]Scheherazade and Other Stories by Renaissance. [B]It is ranked highly on the RYM charts for that genre, and imo it's a better album than the ELO one anyway.
Pure bollocks. El Dorado is definitely symphonic prog. FFS, it's a symphony! It has an overture and a finale, it has movements - what more do you want? If El Dorado isn't symphonic prog then I wasn't voted the most annoying member of Music Banter four years in a row!