Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 08:28 PM   #11161 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. Do you bite, clip or cut your fingernails?

I'm a biter. And the horrible thing is, you know (those of you who do as I do) when you realise that you've just bitten down too far and now you're either going to have to strip the fingernail down to the skin and it's really gonna hurt, or else leave a half-chewed nail hanging on by a string, which is going to be just as bad? Shudder. But I can't stand long fingernails, don't use clippers and it's all but impossible to cut your own with a nail scissors (though I have to do this for Karen, and file them too - cheers).

2. If you see someone being pursued by the law (and assuming it’s nothing to do with you) what is your first thought/reaction?

My day just got a little exciting. Also, stay the hell out of the way.

3. Name one thing that could have turned a “good” president (historically speaking - Lincoln, JFK, Clinton, Washington etc) into a bad one, and vice versa. In other words, in case you don’t get the concept, the single event or deed that could have defined their legacy in the exact opposite way it did.

Despite the fact that I hate him, and after all he did, I truly believe that if Trump had embraced the Pandemic, worked on a bipartisan response, mandated or "advised" mask wearing, social distancing and, later, vaccine uptake in red states, he could have been remembered as the president who saved America, instead of the ignorant, selfish ****wit who callously allowed over a million to die needlessly.

In terms of other presidents legacies:

Kennedy: Legacy is he tried to stop an assassin's bullet with his head. Did not work.

Clinton: Should have kept it in his pants.

Dubya: Wasted the world's sympathy after 9/11 and became instead most hated president, until Trump came along.

Carter: Failed to defeat American greed and selfishness and also failed to get the hostages back from Iran.

Bush Snr: Read his lips

Nixon: Crook-in-chief

4. If you were/are in the market for a new pet, how would you go about it? Shelter? Ad in the paper? Online? Pedigree purchase? Friends?

Shelter or friends, or possibly just wait for a stray to wander into my back garden. I'm friends with two cats now, but both have an owner (the same one I think) so it's almost the best of both worlds. I sort of have a pet, but don't have to feed, clean up after it or take it to the vet. Or spend any money on food, flea drops, litter etc. Oh yeah: and I don't have to clean out a litter tray. That was always fun.

5. You move to a new town. Driving or walking by a house, you see the word PAEDO daubed in red on the door. What’s your reaction?

At least someone knows how to spell!
In reality, dunno. I think I'd feel a bit creeped out, and try to find out who lived there after I firebombed I mean after some anonymous person firebombed the house...

Really though seriously: you can't take paint daubed on a house as proof of anything. The person who put it there might just have a grudge against the occupant. I've been called a paedo, and I HATE kids.

6. If you buy something relatively cheap, either online or in a shop, and it doesn’t work as it should, do you usually send/bring it back or just shrug and say it was only a few dollars, I couldn’t be bothered?

Chances are I'd say **** it and just grump about it. It's usually more hassle than it's worth. I did send a CD boombox back though; cost about 40 Euro and the radio - for which I bought it - was totally ****.