Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 09:32 PM   #1084 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Well, as you are asking, Ayn, I'd personally say that a song by L Cohen could go in a thread dedicated to L Cohen

https://www.musicbanter.com/general-...hen-r-i-p.html

Mind you, I notice that Janszoon put his L Cohen thread in MB's "General Music" section, which I suppose is one way to side-step any category doubts that people have.
__________________________________________________ ________

Thanks for posting this great track - what a voice Oum has! I would 100% call this "world music", so I'm not sure why you have a doubt about that.

If you like some of the sounds coming out of Morocco, you might enjoy the group, Nass Marrakesh. In this clip there are two tracks, each with its own mood, its own type of beauty. First track might appeal if you like a bit hypnotic chanting (to which I plead guilty). Second track is a rambling song with a delicate touch of jazz, the kind of thing you can settle into and then hope it goes on forever:

Thanks for the links. The first track is indeed hypnotic - love to know what the words are but can’t find them anywhere on the web. The track with piano jolted me given the piano’s key appeared to be slightly different from the vocalist’s. My problem is I’m possessed with (cursed with?) perfect pitch.

Ah, so much music, so little time. A friend recently pointed out to me my classical LP collection is so large I’d be dead before I get to listen to all of it from beginning to end. But hey, whatever mood I’m in there’s something there. Strange thing I’m never in a mood for Wagner anymore. Must have been an hysterical youth thing.
Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote