Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 06:11 AM   #11163 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

3. Name one thing that could have turned a “good” president (historically speaking - Lincoln, JFK, Clinton, Washington etc) into a bad one, and vice versa. In other words, in case you don’t get the concept, the single event or deed that could have defined their legacy in the exact opposite way it did.

Quote:
Despite the fact that I hate him, and after all he did, I truly believe that if Trump had embraced the Pandemic, worked on a bipartisan response, mandated or "advised" mask wearing, social distancing and, later, vaccine uptake in red states, he could have been remembered as the president who saved America, instead of the ignorant, selfish ****wit who callously allowed over a million to die needlessly.
Trump would have won re-election easily if he had caught the covid crisis right at the beginning. It's funny how he's pushing vaccines now that his base is starting to die off.

Quote:
In terms of other presidents legacies:

Kennedy: Legacy is he tried to stop an assassin's bullet with his head. Did not work.
Ha, ha. But can you imagine the scrutiny he would have been under in the 90's? His womanizing made Clinton look like a schoolboy

Quote:
Clinton: Should have kept it in his pants.
Among other things.

Quote:
Dubya: Wasted the world's sympathy after 9/11 and became instead most hated president, until Trump came along.
Trump saved Bush's legacy. Who ever though I'd be yearning for the good ol days of Bush,

Quote:
Carter: Failed to defeat American greed and selfishness and also failed to get the hostages back from Iran.
Good people don't make good Presidents sad to say.

Quote:
Bush Snr: Read his lips
And they even move.

Quote:
Nixon: Crook-in-chief
But he's not a crook. Just ask him.

Quote:
5. You move to a new town. Driving or walking by a house, you see the word PAEDO daubed in red on the door. What’s your reaction?

At least someone knows how to spell!
In reality, dunno. I think I'd feel a bit creeped out, and try to find out who lived there after I firebombed I mean after some anonymous person firebombed the house...

Really though seriously: you can't take paint daubed on a house as proof of anything. The person who put it there might just have a grudge against the occupant. I've been called a paedo, and I HATE kids.
They actually have laws in the US (depending on the jurisdiction) where houses are more or less marked saying a pedophile lives there. Imagine a middle class neighborhood getting all riled up with torches like thay want to murder Frankenstein.

Last edited by rubber soul; 06-05-2022 at 06:16 AM.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote