Music Banter - View Single Post - 21st Century Plague: The Rise and Fall (?) of a Global Pandemic
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

You're right; just about every country's response was bollocks. Even here in Ireland, though we generally got it right, advice changed almost daily and while we were in lockdown, our politicians were out there doing what they wanted. There were a few scandals. Even the national TV station had one. Arseholes. I think the only one that got it right was Australia, who locked down so quickly and completely that for a long time they had either no cases or they were the lowest in the world.

But this isn't - necessarily - about pointing fingers and assigning blame. That's part of it, it has to be; but it's more intended to stand, hopefully, as a complete record (or as complete as I can make it) of the crisis we all faced, looking at the good as well as the bad, and trying to learn from it. Also paying tribute to those who died and those whose lives were changed forever by Covid. Just imagine: three years ago we didn't even know what it was. Corona was a beer or something to do with the sun, and face masks were those things doctors and bank robbers wore. How times have changed forever.

Anyway, this is just setting the timeline up. After this I'll be looking at each major (and minor) country in as much detail as I can, to see how each dealt with the crisis. Thanks for commenting.