Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #929 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even a Cage stan but I do appreciate that malding over 4'33 is the ultimate litmus test for boomer music fans.
If it's boomer to hate that...piece, then I'm a boomer. It's what a 14 year old thinks is deep.

Anyway, the Environment...

For all the carping about how unions force people to join, then use their dues for political purposes, it seems the utilities have been doing just that to stall renewables.

Quote:
The argument that has dominated this discussion so far has been about consumers’ rights. Ratepayers have been “captive” to the industry, the senators wrote in a joint letter to FERC, and the trade associations use their money to “lobby for policies that frequently run counter to ratepayers’ interests.” These policies might include the right to build unnecessary power plants (the costs of which get passed on to ratepayers) and to impose extra charges on customers who use solar panels. This is a timely argument, given that millions of households have fallen behind on their utility bills since the pandemic began, and many face the threat of having their power, water, and gas shut off.