Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 03:11 PM   #1309 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Exactly. So today, in 2022, are there any mainstream white artists who would dare to use the n-word in any context whatsoever in their music? I think the answer is nope, none. Why? And why do we have a straight artist deliberately using the f-word repeatedly in his song? What is the difference? The irony is that he works towards the same point at the end of the song, and yet choses not to take the advice anyway. To me that sounds like a deliberate provocation. It's saying, yeah people might be offended but I don't care. Which only a dickhead would do. :/
This isn't just any ol' context. It would be the equivalent of Ed Sheeran saying he used to call black people ******s but has now seen the error of his ways, which would be a hell of a trick to pull off but I'd bump that ****.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote