Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 04:52 PM   #7541 (permalink)
Ayn Marx
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
I love how someone can be so obsessed with labeling music according to genres while also being absurdly bad at it. Like, most people on here appreciate that the lines between genres aren't set in stone while also knowing where they are, more or less. Not so Aryan Marx.
It’s a good idea to read other’s comments before coming to unjustified conclusions. I’ve written on MB enough times that rigid categorisation of genres is not only pointless but implies a peculiar form of musical puritanism should be practiced by musicians themselves. OK, we can accept there might be such a thing as ‘pure’ forms of music but most musicians today refuse to pay attention to such rules. Granted someone like Leadbelly can be easily slotted into a category but why the hysteria about this whole issue?
If you’d paid any attention to my posts you’d have encountered my “I don’t know where else to put this” comments.
Now can we just return to the music and put aside this silly debate?

And where did you get this ‘Aryan’ stuff from? My ancestry is a mix of Welsh, Spanish Jew with a sprinkling of Australian aborigine.

Ayn Marx is offline   Reply With Quote